“If you’re not convinced that you’re adding value, or you’re not sure if you’re adding value through one of your processes or one of your services, ask your customers.”
— Heidi Berger
Co-creator, Heidi Berger of Process Optimizer, bring clients a passion for analytics and helping businesses understand the “why” behind solutions.
Below is Heidi’s five tips to approach your companies processes with a lean lens. To look at everything from the eyes of the customer and ask whether it’s adding value to them and to your business.
5 tips on process optimizer:
- Engage your employees.
- Get an understanding about what the employees are doing and their processes just by asking them and through their participation, you’re getting better buy in and you’re able to hold them accountable.
- Engage your customers.
- If you are not sure if you’re adding value through one of your processes or services, ask your customer.
- Trust but verify.
- Identify key steps that are critically important to your customers, and then dive in and check to be sure that your employees are following those steps to provide that consistent customer experience.
- Review your processes annually.
- Review your processes at least once a year. This allows you to engage your employees and your customers, and really understand what you can do better by gathering data and reviewing those processes.
- Separate opinions from data.
- Gather data as you’re completing a process to see what is happening with the process. If you must resolve something, you can do some deep root cause problem solving to identify, discuss and solve that issue
About Heidi Berger
In addition to her work as an EOS Implementer®, Heidi, who is also a Green Belt in Lean principles, helps entrepreneurial businesses achieve operational excellence in their core processes to optimize execution. Creating scorecards and dashboards are key drivers in her approach. As a Certified Management Accountant with an MBA in International Operations, Heidi’s has both the intellectual capacity and the real-world experience to bring meaningful, detailed change to the Process Optimizer’s clients and strengthen their EOS® Implementation.
About Process Optimizer
Process Optimizer® is a team of expert facilitators who will help your organization define, document and OPTIMIZE your Core Processes so you’ll have consistent outcomes, happy employees, delighted customers, and increased profitability.